This new Derek Jeter commercial is set to air tonight during the MLB All-Star Game tonight. Much like last year’s Rivera tribute, tonight will be more like a “Derek Jeter Special” than an all-star game. All eyes on Derek.
Posts Tagged ‘Yankees Universe’
Posted in Yankee News, Yankee Players, Yankees Community, Yankees Media, Yankees Miscellaneous, Yankees Videos, tagged Air Jordan, Andy Pettitte, Billy Crystal, Bob Sheppard, Carmelo Anthony, Derek Jeter, FDNY, Jay-Z, Joe Torre, Jon Lester, Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera, Michael Jordan, Mr. Met, New Tork Mets, New York City, New York Yankees, Nike, NYPD, Phil Jackson, RE2PECT, Red Sox Nation, Rudy Guiliani, Spike Lee, Tiger Woods, Tino Martinez, Tip Your Captain, Yankee Stadium, Yankees fans, Yankees Universe on July 15, 2014| Leave a Comment »
Posted in Breaking News, Yankee News, Yankee Players, Yankees Management, Yankees Minors, Yankees Miscellaneous, Yankees Opinion, Yankees Organization, Yankees Outlook, Yankees Spring Training, Yankees Transactions, tagged $2.5 Million, 46, Andy Pettitte, CC Sabathia, Corey Sipkin, Freddy Garcia, Hiroki uroda, Ivan Nova, Jack Curry, Major League Baseball, Michael Pineda, Minor League Deal, MLB, New York Daily News, New York Yankees, Phil Hughes, Yankees Universe on March 16, 2012| 2 Comments »
Jack Curry broke the story via Twitter:
The Yankees have signed Andy Pettitte to a 1-year minor league deal worth $2.5 million. The team is thrilled to have 240-game winner back.
Who saw this coming? I can’t say I did, although when I first heard he was retiring I thought he would have an itch to come back. The man is only 39 years old, and that’s not so “out there” considering how many pitchers play into their 40’s these days.
The Yankees rotation looks like this as of now: Sabathia-Kuroda-Nova-Pineda-Hughes-Garcia. When, and IF Pettitte makes it up to the major leagues, someone is going to have to bepushed out of the rotation. Obviously, we can’t predict the future (injuries, trades, etc.), so there might even be a spot available depending on how the season plays out. It’s going to take some time for him to get in playing shape, so he won’t be joining the team anytime soon.
Yankees Universe has a really great love and admiration for Andy. The outpouring from fans in response to this news clearly shows how happy we all are to have #46 back. The man came to spring training this year as an instructor, and he clearly got that itch to put the pinstripes on again. Welcome Back, Andy.
Posted in Nonsense, Yankee Players, Yankee Stadium, Yankees Community, Yankees Humor, Yankees Miscellaneous, Yankees Opinion, tagged "Yankees Suck", 2001 World Series, Boston Red Sox, Carl Pavano, Cotton Eye Joey, Curt Schilling, Dallas Braden, ESPN, ESPN New York, FOX, Ian O'Connor, Jason Varitek, John Kruk, John Sterling, Jon Miller, Jonathan Papelbon, Kevin Brown, Manny Ramirez, Mascots, Michael Kay, Mike Lupica, MY9, New York Yankees, Rally Monkey, Red Sox Nation, Suzyn Waldman, tim McCarver, Yankees fans, Yankees Universe, YMCA on August 23, 2010| 14 Comments »
I ran a topic on Twitter…called: #ThingsYankeesFansHate and I got a ton of responses. It even became a trending topic in New York City. I thought I would share a bunch with some of you guys. I don’t agree with all of these, but I’ll let these fans speak out (so, don’t get offended). Here is a list in no particular order:
Things Yankees Fans Hate
- The Boston Red Sox and Red Sox Nation
- The Wave
- Dallas Braden and “His Mound”
- West Coast Night Games
- Fox, Joe Buck, Tim McCarver
- Fans who wear Yankees jerseys with a name on the back
- ESPN, ESPNNewYork.com, Joe Morgan, Jon Miller, John Kruk
- Morons who say Jonathan Papelbon is “the best closer in baseball”
- Playing in Anaheim
- Fair weather/Bandwagon fans
- Games televised on MY9
- The Rally Monkey
- “Rays Fans”
- Luis Gonzalez and his bloop single off Mariano & Game 7 of the ’01 Fall Classic
- Listening to Sterling & Waldman on the radio
- The Cleveland Indians drum
- The “Yankees Suck” Chant
- Joe West. You sir, are a disgrace to umpires everywhere
- The Zales Fan Marquee & people who actually pay money to be on it
- W.B. Mason Commercials
- The suits sitting in the expensive seats
- Mike Lupica, Ian O’Connor
- People who really believe you can buy a championship
- When girls say yes to marriage proposals at Yankee Stadium
- Carl’s Steaks with a 20-minute line and 67 hot dog stands with no line
- Outrageous facial hair
- Fans of other teams doing a roll call
- Curt Schilling, Kevin Youkilis, Kevin Millar, Jason Varitek, Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez, Jonathan Papelbon, Josh Beckett, Bill ‘Spaceman’ Lee
- Carl Pavano, Chan Ho Park, Hideki Irabu, Kyle Farnsworth, Jaret Wright, Kevin Brown, John Rocker, José Valverde
- Fans of other teams sitting in the bleachers
- John Henry
- Rainouts and off-days
- Flash doing commentary
- Michael Kay and his man-crush on Paul O’Neill
- Kate Smith’s rendition of God Bless America
- Josh Beckett’s Game 6 performance in the 2003 World Series
- Giuseppe Franco
- Yankee Stadium Parking Garages $
- Derek Jeter double plays
- Fans who really think Cervelli is Posada’s heir apparent
- Empty Legends seats
- The price of the Lobel’s Prime Rib Sandwich
- YMCA and Cotton Eye Joey
- Not being able to hit a pitcher we haven’t seen before
- People who bring gloves up in the grandstand
- Felix Hernandez, Edgar Martinez, Francisco Rodriguez
- The 2004 ALCS
- Pink Yankees hats
- Jimmy Rollins talking shit during the 2009 World Series
- The B Train
- Bill Mazeroski
- The Rays tank at the Trop, The Green Monster
- A-Rod (Pre-2009)
- Stupid Yankees Fans
- Stub-Hub Saturdays
- Box Seats, according to the Bleacher Creatures
- ROGER CLEMENS IS IN GEORGE’S BOX AND ROGER CLEMENS IS COMIN’ BACK. OH MY GOOD–GOODNESS GRACIOUS! OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS–OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS I’VE EVER SEEN, ROGER CLEMENS STANDING RIGHT IN GEORGE STEINBRENNER’S BOX ANNOUNCING HE IS BACK! ROGER CLEMENS IS A NEW YORK YANKEE!
Now, I’m sure you could come up with a lot more. If you want me to add more to the list, feel free to drop more in the comments section below.
Posted in Yankees Management, Yankees Miscellaneous, Yankees Organization, Yankees Photos, Yankees: Off the field, tagged Beijing, Brian Cashman, China, Japan, Randy Levine, World Series Championship Trophy, Xie Long, Yankees Universe on February 4, 2010| Leave a Comment »
The New York Yankees continued their World Series Championship Trophy tour on Wednesday, as Randy Levine and Brian Cashman traveled to Beijing. They held another press conference similar to the one in Japan, and young fans crowded around the trophy to get a good look.
The manager of MLB in China, Xie Long, posed for photos with the trophy during the conference. It looks as if the Yankees organization is recruiting people to join Yankees Universe.
Red Sox Nation has a message for Yankees fans. They claim that the “Yankees Suck.” The NY Yankees just won their 27th World Championship. On the other hand, The BoSox only have seven world titles. Red Sox Nation..you may want to rethink that statement.
Steve Lombardi put it best when he said, “I wonder what the reaction would be if Yankeeland had something like these spots referencing the Red Sox Nation? John Henry and Larry Lucchino would probably go into a massive spasm…” (Hat tip to WasWatching)