Luis Castillo, the Yankees batboy from 1998-2005 has come out with a new memoir entitled “Clubhouse Confidential.” He shares some secrets and some of his favorite memories while holding the position. Here’s just a peak at what it’s all about:
It was before Game 7 of the 2004 American League Championship Series, a game that we would lose. The series was tied 3-3 at that point, and it was particularly disheartening since we had won the first three games. Unknown to us, Boston’s comeback was not to be stopped.
At any rate, at the end of the meeting it was traditional for Joe Torre to ask Jorge Posada what we were going to do. He would reply, “Grind it!” This time — I guess to make Hideki Matsui feel more part of the team — Torre turned to him at the end of the meeting.
“What are we going to do?”Hideki paused for just a second before replying. “Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho’s.”
Yankee fans are on the rise in Queens. “Transit direction website HopStop.com sifted through its database of searches to Yankee Stadium and Citi Field since opening day and found that the city leans heavily toward the pinstripes. In fact, more than 68% of travelers who used HopStop were headed to the Stadium in the Bronx, based on more than 100,000 queries.”
Yanks need a starter for Tuesday Since Phil Hughes entered tonight’s game in the bottom of the 10th inning, the Yankees will need to decide on who to start Tuesday’s game. According to Wallace Matthews, “A. J. Burnett will probably replace Hughes on Tuesday, and either Bartolo Colon or Ivan Nova would go on Wednesday.”
I recently had a canvas commissioned at Easy Canvas Prints of my late grandparents. The quality of their work is exceptional, and it seriously blew me away when I first opened up the package. Their customer service was terrific and was delivered in a timely fashion. So, if you have any interest in getting a canvas done of a iconic sports moment, a family photo, or quote..you now know where to go.
- Did that “A Sign Of Life” Guy At Yankee Stadium Look Familiar? Think Back To 2001
- Forbes: Top-Earning Dead Celebrities
- Going Nine: The Dynasty That Barrow Built
- George Steinbrenner’s FBI files released, details cat-and-mouse game he played with agents
- Ex-Yankee Leyritz acquitted in fatal DUI crash
- Alomar was nearly a Yankee
- If At First You Do Succeed (Then Fail Again and Again) . . .
- Steady Freddy / Swisher marries Joanna Garcia
- Curtis Granderson Is Killing Lefties This Season
- Cameron & A-Rod’s PDA-Filled Weekend
- Not Just for Jeter, But for the Sport Itself
- Chamberlain talks surgery, fashion and MasterCard’s Priceless Ad