Yankees (0-0) vs. Tigers (0-0)
LHP CC Sabathia (0-0, 0.00) vs RHP Justin Verlander (0-0, 0.00)
Game News & Notes: (Via Bryan Hoch)
- OF Chris Dickerson was optioned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- LHP Pedro Feliciano (left rotator cuff strain) and C Francisco Cervelli (fracture in his left foot) were each placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to 3/22.
- LHP Damaso Marte (left shoulder labrum inflammation), INF Reegie Corona (fractured right elbow) and OF
- Colin Curtis (dislocated right shoulder) were each placed on the 60-day disabled list, retroactive to 3/22.
- RHP Romulo Sanchez, who has an offer to play in Japan, was designated for assignment.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Mike Mussina
Other notes (Courtesy of The LoHud Yankees Blog):
10:20 a.m.-11:20 a.m. Yankees batting practice, 11:00 a.m. Gates open to ticket holders, 11:20 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Tigers batting practice, 12:43-12:53 p.m. Baseline introductions, 12:53 p.m. Introduction of Giant American Flag unfurled by West Point Cadets, 12:54 p.m. Moment of Silence, 12:56 p.m. National Anthem performed by Haley Swindal, US Navy Super Hornet flyover (weather permitting), 1:00 p.m. Ceremonial first pitch: Mike Mussina, 1:04 p.m. Umpires and Managers to Home Plate, 1:07 p.m. Yankees take the field, 1:09 p.m. First Pitch
The game will take place at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, NY. It is scheduled to start at 1:05PM ET. The game will be televised on the YES Network and ESPN. The game can be heard on the radio on WCBS 880.
“A home opener is always exciting whether it’s home or on the road.” -Yogi Berra